INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIESMaine Adventure Internships
Three Rivers is looking for adventurous, creative, and hard working interns with a passion for the outdoors. This is a unique opportunity for a college student (or independent!) looking to further advance their skills in Marketing, New Media, Branding, Networking, and Administration.
Three Rivers offers a curriculum with plenty of hands on opportunities to learn first hand the skills of the industry. Working with our marketing team, you will receive personal guidance and the opportunity to learn in a real world environment.
All interns will have ample opportunities to go Rafting and Skydiving, and are encouraged to familiarize yourself with them. We believe the more you experience what Three Rivers has to offer during your internship with us, the better.
We are looking for excited candidates who want a chance to learn while testing their skills in the real world. You will have endless opportunity for creativity and outdoor activity and any combination of the two! Three Rivers is a company that was built on Fun and Adventure. We apply these two elements into everything we do. Even our Internships!
Are you ready for some Serious Fun?
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
MAINE ADVENTURE MARKETING INTERNSHIP
Three Rivers Whitewater, Inn by the River and Jump and Raft LLC has implemented an On-site marketing internship program in order to better our marketing efforts and aid our organization in improving its presence on various social media outlets.
We are hiring interns who are looking to further advance their skills in Marketing, Branding, Networking, Administration, Customer Relations and Social Media. Some of these individuals are receiving credit for college while others are doing this internship for their own personal gain.
Throughout a 14-16 week period, this position will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in all areas of managing a first class hospitality and recreation facility. The Intern will work directly with customers, management and employees in areas such as sales/marketing, recreation planning and customer service. The curriculum is designed to help the right person obtain valuable employment and life skills associated within New England’s Adventure and Hospitality industry.
Three Rivers Representatives will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in all areas of managing a first class hospitality and recreation facility. The candidate will work directly with customers, management and employees in areas such as sales/marketing, recreation planning, customer service.
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- Great people skills, self motivation and an outgoing personality
- A desire to create and complete goal oriented tasks relating to our concept
- A basic knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to work in a fast paced- customer service oriented sales environment while still conveying fun, adventure and excitement
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learning our reservation system
- Working with various social media outlets, creating and uploading data
- Interacting with customers and branding partners in a direct sales and service environment
- Acting as an educational liaison/spokesperson for outreach programs and media interviews
Representatives will be provided housing in The Forks or in Millinocket and have the opportunity to become a Maine Licensed Guide.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY:
MAINE HOSPITALITY INTERNSHIP
Three Rivers Whitewater and Inn By The River are looking for qualified candidates for our Hospitality Internship program for the Summer 2020 season. The program is designed to give students in the Hospitality Management field practical experience in the day-to-day operations of a hotel and restaurant located in the heart of Maine’s whitewater rafting country, the Kennebec River Valley. Interns will not only gain experience in all aspects of hotel and restaurant operations, they will also help Inn by the River continue its proven record of superior guest service and lodging.
We are looking for an intern who is either currently enrolled in a Hospitality Management program or will be in the near future so enrolled. The intern will be able to build and grow their skills in sales, social media marketing, reservations, guest relations, restaurant operations (FOH and BOH), building maintenance, etc. After the 14-16 week period of their internship, they will have had practical experience in every aspect of hotel and restaurant operations, which will enable them to show prospective employers their ability to perform the job. In addition to the practical experience, the intern will also gain managerial experience as they work with the Innkeeper to oversee all daily operations of the establishment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with guests face to face and over the phone; answer any questions and help resolve any issues they may have.
- Assist the Innkeeper with all sales and reservations-related tasks, from taking a reservation over the phone to online reservations, e-mails, and more.
- Assist the Marketing team with execution of current marketing strategies including but not limited to on-site and social media marketing as well as implementation of new developing strategies.
- Assist the Housekeeping Team Leader with daily housekeeping tasks, ensuring the Inn is clean and ready for our guests to enjoy.
- Assist the Maintenance Team Leader with daily maintenance tasks, ensuring the physical plant is operating smoothly and any issues are quickly resolved.
- Assist the Innkeeper and the Chef in daily restaurant operations. Intern(s) will be expected to work in both front-of-house and back-of-house positions; all necessary training will be provided to those with no previous restaurant experience.
- Assist the Innkeeper in all office-related tasks, including scheduling staff, payroll, etc.
- Show our guests a good time and have fun while doing it!