– Maine Adventure Internship –
Marketing & Hospitality Internships
Three Rivers is looking for adventurous, creative, & hard-working interns with a passion for the outdoors and content creation. This is a unique opportunity for a college student looking to further advance their skills in Marketing, Social Media, New Media, Videography, Graphic Design, Photography, Copywriting, & more!
This Adventure Marketing Internship sparked the creation of an independent marketing agency; Guided Marketing Services (GMS). The team at GMS runs the program and will work with you 1-on-1 to develop your skills on a daily basis.
This unique opportunity allows you to flex your creative muscles with all that Three Rivers Whitewater has to offer while working in coordination with industry professionals. Their teachings and instruction will help guide you to your full creative potential.
With this internship, you will get unparalleled insight into the inner workings of an outdoor outfitter and into how a small business is run. During your time here, we’ll provide you with an in depth look at how marketing practices are implemented and executed in a highly competitive industry.
You will not just be sitting at a desk! Through training in the office and on the river, interns will learn a variety of new skills to prepare them for success in the marketing world and beyond. During your time here you will have ample opportunities to learn from real world experiences.
All interns will have ample opportunities to go rafting, tubing, kayaking, hiking, paddle boarding, camping & more. The Forks and Millinocket areas are ideal locations for any outdoor enthusiasts to spend their summer.
While you’re here, you are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to familiarize yourself with all of the best outdoor adventures that Three Rivers has to offer.
For More Information:
Adventure Marketing Internship Compensation
This is a paid internship!
Yes, you will be compensated while you are here learning more than they can teach you in school.
Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week.
Here is how our interns are compensated:
- $200 weekly stipend
- 1 free meal per day for each day worked
- 50% off all food at Inn by the River & Boatman’s Bar and Grill
- FREE Maine River Guide Training (Optional) – We cover the $300 training fee, however you would still need to pay the $189 State Testing Fees.
- FREE Camping/Housing for the duration of your internship.
For those looking to earn additional wages, there are other opportunities to make money working in the restaurant, gift shop, and as a river guide during your time here. Marketing internship hours can be flexible to accommodate you earning money through other jobs at Three Rivers.
To be successful, applicants must:
- Be trustworthy as they will be publishing content to large audiences on behalf of high-profile brands.
- Be good at communicating with potential guests to earn their business and collaborating with the marketing team to put out the highest quality content.
- Understand that there needs to be purpose and intent behind all of their work.
- Be creative in producing content and finding new ways to promote our products.
- Be adaptable to changing schedules, the needs of our clients, and the needs of the marketing team.
- Social Media Management – Operating social media accounts for multiple brands on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Photo/Video Production – Shooting and editing photos/videos for use on social media, the website, and for guest consumption.
- Strategy Implementation – Managing and maintaining content calendars to execute sales initiatives.
- Copy Writing – Writing engaging and entertaining content for social media, blogs, email campaigns, webpages, and more.
- Graphic Design – Crafting visually impactful designs for print projects, event fliers, social media, and websites.
- Data Analysis – Preparing and analyzing reports on social media metrics, website analytics, and review site rankings.
- Event Coordination – creating promotions to maximize event attendance and executing day-of-tasks.
- Guest Service – Interacting with guests on a personal level to ensure they enjoyed their experience.
Please provide us with your 5 best creative examples so we can understand your creative capabilities. These creative examples can come from past jobs, school projects, or things you’ve created in your free time. Examples of creative work could be photos you’ve taken, videos you’ve edited, pictures you’ve drawn, or even articles you’ve written. Show us your potential.