- Head south on US-201 for just over 20 miles.
- Turn right onto ME-16 or Bridge Street.
- Turn Right onto Ridge Road.
- Continue on for about 3 miles until you see a transfer station on your right.
- You can park here.
- The trail itself is marked by a small sign to the left of the transfer station. Don’t be afraid to continue left until you see the sign, it is a bit out of sight.
The Houston Brook Falls trail itself is a quick half mile out and back trail that leads to a beautiful waterfall. This easy and relatively flat trail is family and dog friendly. It is open year round and offers beautiful views in the winter as well. In the summer months the falls flow into the lower Kennebec River and offer spectacular views, especially after rainstorms. The waterfall itself is 32 feet tall and creates a swimming hole just below it.
If you choose to swim around the falls be sure to take careful steps and not climb the surrounding rock ledge as it can become very slippery.
While traveling to The Falls from Three Rivers Whitewater there are no dirt roads but it could still be recommended to download your directions beforehand as there are points on US-201 without service. If you chose to use a GPS app, be sure to use Google Maps as Apple Maps takes you to the incorrect location.