MAINE VS. THE ZOO
8 REASONS WHY MAINE WILDLIFE IS BETTER THAN THE ZOO
Sure, the zoo may be a quicker drive, but isn’t life about the journey? A journey up to Maine is your chance for a genuine wildlife experience. Here are 8 reasons why visiting Maine is better than going to the zoo!
1. Maine has about 75,000 moose roaming around. Your local city zoo probably doesn’t even have one. (Learn how to spot one in the wild!)
2. There are no chain linked fences or dirty glass to ruin all of your photos.
3. No crowds or lines. Or finding somewhere to park. Also no paying to park. Or paying somebody else to park for you. No parking ticket when you parked up on the grass because there were no parking spots open. You get it.
4. There are 292 different species of birds in Maine. Again, your local city zoo probably has 5, (and you won’t see them flying).
5. Seeing a bald eagle in the wild, is just 100x more exciting. Trust me on this one.
6. Whales. Like big whales. Humpback whales. Pilot whales. Minke whales. Your zoo and aquarium won’t be able to fit these kinds of whales.
7. We won’t kick you out for throwing in a line to try and catch a fish. We encourage it!
8. Did I mention all the moose?